Sunday, June 13, 2010

Nothing!

What stands between you and your biggest dream ? Nothing. Not a thing - maybe just you and your thinking patterns ~
The inside flap of Michael Phelps' book 'No Limits' says ...
When I'm focused, there is not one single thing, person, anything that can stand in the way of my doing something. There is not. If I want something bad enough. I feel I'm going to get there.
Talk about determination !!
How determined are you as a person, an athlete to strive for what you want?
Your daily choices today can elevate you to the next level or you can force the wrong choice and start all over again.
Notice I said 'force'
Can you tell the difference between a smooth play, one executed with a fluid motion and it just 'happens' ..... and then there is a play that is 'forced' ... the player may get the same results, but the play has been forced and may cause the follow-up play or a rebound or reflect play to be just a bit 'off' and un-playable. You can see this very clearly in figure skating.
If a figure skater comes out of a triple-axel off balance, she/he can't go into the next move with ease.
How many times have we maybe attempted a sport that we really weren't suited for. I never competed in a swim event. I like to swim, I enjoy watching folks that are great at it. The meets are exciting - because its something I haven't mastered but have always wanted to learn. I'm just not a great swimmer. I can pitch a softball about 62 mph still, but I know I can't swim. Should I let my lack of confidence stop me?
or should I start at square one ? It's never too late to start, or change your plans, regroup with a new agenda.
Many times after an athlete has been injured they will try another sport that is a little easier on the body or they will become an expert announcer for that particular sport.
This past weekend the nation set aside a weekend for Relay for Life.
If it is Cancer that has kept you back from getting back into the game I hope that you would re-evaluate and surround yourself with a core group of people that are like-minded that recharge you. Whichever the case, I hope that nothing keeps you from your destiny. Don't force it, just let it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment